As I mentioned in my last post, I like to make lists of everything! Here is my list of the things that are needed when hiking with Littles:
* A comfortable hiking backpack, preferably with a water reservoir bladder
* Small first-aid kit (band-aids, triple anti-biotic ointment, bug bite cream)
* Water (if you don’t have a water reservoir)
* Quick dry towel (something like this)
* FroggTogg Cool Rags (These are amazing! Dip them in any water and put them on your neck. They instantly cool you.)
Click on the photo above for a link. We bought ours at an Academy store.
* Wipes (these will also work as toilet paper in a pinch)
* Bug spray
* Wal-Mart sack (this will be needed for diapers or other trash)
Is there anything else that YOU’VE found you have to have when hiking with kids? We’d love to hear your input!